Part-Time Adolescent Counsellor/Psychotherapist Vacancy
Tipperary Rape Crisis Centre provides a safe, non-judgmental and discreet space for women, men and young people who have been sexually abused, sexually assaulted, raped or sexually harassed, at any time in their lives, to receive one-to-one Counselling and Support.
TRCC provides Support Counselling for non-abusing relatives or friends of Survivors.
We currently have a vacancy for a part-time, qualified Adolescent Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
Adolescent Psychotherapist Requirements: We invite applications from qualified and accredited Adolescent Psychotherapists to provide individual counselling services specifically to support young people/adolescents with sexual abuse, sexual assault, rape, gender-based violence or any kind of sexual trauma in their lives. The role may also involve supporting the parents/guardians of those young people.
Successful candidates must possess:
- An accredited qualification in counselling/psychotherapy in child and/or adolescent psychotherapy, recognised by IACP, IAHIP, IAPTP or equivalent body. Acknowledgement will also be given to the years of experience of practitioners who didn’t attain a formal qualification in working with children but have completed multiple short courses to date and have substantial experience working with under 18s.
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience in working with young people.
- Experience of working with adolescent survivors of sexual or gender-based violence.
- Demonstrable evidence of CPD relevant to the role.
- A flexible approach and ability to handle a varied workload.
- Proof of current Garda Vetting
How to apply
Interested applicants should forward their CVs and a cover letter to the Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the below details;
Natasha A. O’Keeffe
Tipperary Rape Crisis and Counselling Centre CLG
20 Mary Street
Clonmel Co Tipperary E91 DE68
Closing Date: 20th July 2023
Interviews are in person on Wednesday 2nd August 2023